Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I have been reading different blogs to get inspired and hopefully learn how to better use my closet. The first step is to get organized which I started this week. I removed all items that I have not worn for over a year or that I have just flat out never worn. I then took inventory of what I have and what I need so that I can start shopping smarter than I have in the past. I realize that I am not good at mixing and have always opted for quantity over quality. That will change now! I have an abundance of black and grey slacks as well as several pairs of jeans but I do not own many skirts, dresses, or colored pants. I have made a list on my phone to help me remember. My plan is to be more methodical in my shopping and asking myself whether a piece is versatile enough to add to my collection. Sadly I have spent thousands of dollars in my adult life yet I feel my closet is not enough. I always feel like I have nothing to wear which takes me back to the statement I made above “ I am not good at mixing”. I am hoping this blog will help me become more disciplined with what I have and what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment